Cloud information technologies in education
Journal of Cloud Computing welcomes submissions to the thematic series on 'Cloud information technologies in education'.
The education industry is rapidly undergoing a digital transformation in a number of areas especially in its global reach and the efficiency of content delivery. Cloud information technology is powering this on-demand access to the learning community from a range of devices and platforms. This transformation is revolutionising traditional educational models with access to resources such as multimedia learning, cloud-based textbooks and much more to communicate and share educational resources.
Cloud Information Technology is estimated to be at the core of the education industry’s ongoing digital transformation over the next few years. With cloud platforms being the key to mobility and accessibility, it is opening doors to new learning material and data resources as well as previously inaccessible forms of collaboration and revision.
This thematic series focuses on original research that implements cloud information technology services to foster learning effectiveness.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Cloud technologies for the promotion of interactive presentation
- Cloud integrated video conferencing to promote collaboration
- Innovative cloud based technologies to connect students with educators
- Cloud technology for sharing online learning resources
- Multimodal discussion forums using cloud platforms
- Cloud techniques for effective assessment
- Cloud technologies for personalised learning
- Cloud based individual feedback
- Case studies of recent cloud technology implementation in educational settings
Before submitting your manuscript, please ensure you have carefully read the submission guidelines for Journal of Cloud Computing. The complete manuscript should be submitted through the Journal of Cloud Computing submission system. To ensure that you submit to the correct thematic series please select the appropriate special issue in the drop-down menu upon submission. All submissions will undergo rigorous peer review and accepted articles will be published within the journal as a collection.
Lead guest editor:
G. Ranganathan, Ranganathan Engineering College
Youssouf El Allioui, Université Hassan 1er
Hui-Ming Wee, Chung Yuan Christian University
Joy long-Zong Chen, Dayeh University
Submissions will also benefit from the usual advantages of open access publication:
- Rapid publication: Online submission, electronic peer review and production make the process of publishing your article simple and efficient
- High visibility and international readership in your field: Open access publication ensures high visibility and maximum exposure for your work - anyone with online access can read your article
- No space constraints: Publishing online means unlimited space for figures, extensive data and video footage
- Authors retain copyright, licensing the article under a Creative Commons license: articles can be freely redistributed and reused as long as the article is correctly attributed.
2017 Journal Metrics
- ISSN: 2192-113X