Journal of Cloud Computing welcomes submissions to the thematic series entitled "Cloud Computing and big data: Modelling and simulation"
Cloud computing has been widely used by the scientific community and in industry as users can benefit from computing infrastructures at low costs. Cloud computing’s adoption by industrial enterprises is increasing, however there are critical issues which require attention, such as security and trust, to ensure data integrity and confidentiality. There are also important issues that must be addressed in cloud computing, such as resource allocation and scheduling, performance, energy conservation, and reliability, protection of sensitive data, cost, availability, and quality of service. Effective management of cloud resources to balance power efficiency against system performance.
The term "big data" appears widely in science, business, biology, finance, etc. There are many big data applications and services, e.g. real-time systems monitoring, big healthcare data analytics, financial market activity monitoring. Appropriate systems and algorithms are required to deal efficiently with big data.
The scope of this thematic series is to present state-of-the-art research covering concepts in cloud computing and big data, focused on the process of modelling, simulation and performance evaluation of these technologies.
Submitted manuscripts should provide a substantial novel contribution, and authors must carefully situate their work with regard to the relevant scientific literature. They must clearly address research issues of cloud computing and big data and show the role of modelling and simulation in this research area. Topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Cloud and big data systems modelling, simulation and performance evaluation
- Cloud applications performance
- Hybrid clouds
- HPC in the cloud
- Energy-aware clouds
- Resource allocation and scheduling
- Edge cloud data management
- Big data management in IoT
- Big data analytics
- Big data as a service
- Big data architectures for large-scale applications
- Big data integrity and confidentiality
- Big data in business performance management
- Big data privacy and security
- Big data in medical imaging
- Deep learning with big data in health care systems
Before submitting your manuscript, please ensure you have carefully read the submission guidelines for Journal of Cloud Computing. The complete manuscript should be submitted through the Journal of Cloud Computing submission system. To ensure that you submit to the correct thematic series please select the appropriate thematic in the drop-down menu upon submission. All submissions will undergo rigorous peer review and accepted articles will be published within the journal as a collection.
Submission deadline: 20 January 2020
Lead guest editor:
Deepak Kumar Jain, Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China
Qin Xin, University of the Faroe Islands, Faroe Islands
Hong Lin, University of Houston Downtown, USA
Kehua Guo, School of Information Science and Engineering, Central South University Changsha, China
Submissions will also benefit from the usual advantages of open access publication:
- Rapid publication: Online submission, electronic peer review and production make the process of publishing your article simple and efficient
- High visibility and international readership in your field: Open access publication ensures high visibility and maximum exposure for your work - anyone with online access can read your article
- No space constraints: Publishing online means unlimited space for figures, extensive data and video footage
- Authors retain copyright, licensing the article under a Creative Commons license: articles can be freely redistributed and reused as long as the article is correctly attributed.