Journal of Cloud Computing welcomes submissions to the thematic series on "Convergence of Cloud Computing, Big Data Analytics, M2M and IoT in Online Social Media and Communication".
IoT and big data continue to drive the development of new technologies. An intense network of inter-connected devices according to a defined set of protocols is called IoT. On the other hand, big data is defined as assemblage of huge and complex data sets, organized using different techniques. IoT is responsible for generating enormous data that needs to be handled in an intelligent way, the management of this data management is the main concern of big data research. Ensuring that data is processed efficiently could help in effective real time decision making. Cloud computing can provide on-demand and scalable services to users irrespective of geographical location and infrastructure constraints, especially in the use of cloud computing as big data storage. On the other hand, M2M (Machine to Machine) technology is a broad domain which refers to any sort of communication i.e. wired or wireless between two machines or devices without human interfacing or intervention. There is no denying the fact that advancements in IoT has changed the landscape of M2M technologies.
At the same time online social media is being utilized by industry to capitalize on opportunities to improve and enhance the lives of their customers. They are efficiently using various social media platforms to stand out from their competition, by engaging and interacting with their customers in real time. Data privacy and security is one of the major issues in social media platforms and it continues to be a hot topic of debate among researchers. Therefore, there is a high need for converging decentralized cloud systems, IoT, big data and M2M technologies for making online social media and communication safer, easy to use and most importantly to explore more of its applications.
This thematic series aims to provide a platform for researchers and practitioners to exchange and publish the latest challenges, research trends and results, and so in the area related to theoretical and empirical aspects of cloud computing, big data, M2M and IoT in online social media and communication. This thematic series aims to come up with the solutions that integrate these technologies effectively so that organizations can build strong relationships with their users.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
• Security and privacy of big data in IoT-enabled Cloud
• Big data virtualization in cloud environment
• Deep learning for big data in online social media
• M2M for cloud and IoT environment.
• Data privacy and security in online social media.
• Context aware computing of big data in cloud and online social media
• Big data analysis in Social IoT (SIoT)
• Big data inter-operability in IoT
• Integration of IoT, cloud and M2M for big data management in online social media
• Cyber-security issues in Clouds and online social media and communication
• Information revelation and privacy in Cloud computing
• Multi-party online gaming on Clouds and social media
• Evolutionary algorithms for privacy analysis in Cloud computing
• Deep learning and AI for mining Cloud computing for decision support
• Optimization of dynamic processes in Cloud computing
Deadline for submissions: December 12 2020
Dharma P. Agrawal, University of Cincinnati, USA
Brij B. Gupta, National Institute of Technology, India
Michael Sheng, Macquarie University, Australia
Before submitting your manuscript, please ensure you have carefully read the submission guidelines for Journal of Cloud Computing. The complete manuscript should be submitted through the Journal of Cloud Computing submission system. To ensure that you submit to the correct thematic series please select the appropriate special issue in the drop-down menu upon submission. All submissions will undergo rigorous peer review and accepted articles will be published within the journal as a collection.
Submissions will also benefit from the usual advantages of open access publication:
- Rapid publication: Online submission, electronic peer review and production make the process of publishing your article simple and efficient
- High visibility and international readership in your field: Open access publication ensures high visibility and maximum exposure for your work - anyone with online access can read your article
- No space constraints: Publishing online means unlimited space for figures, extensive data and video footage
Authors retain copyright, licensing the article under a Creative Commons license: articles can be freely redistributed and reused as long as the article is correctly attributed.