Call for Papers: Recent advances in cyber security and privacy of multimedia big data in smart systems
Journal of Cloud Computing welcomes submissions to the thematic series on 'Recent advances in Cyber security and privacy of Multimedia Big Data in Smart Systems'.
In recent years, data production sources are noticeably larger in line with the scale of new high-end streaming devices, wireless sensor networks, satellite, and wearable Internet of Things (IoT) devices. The IoT is the inter-networking of various physical devices, objects, and people. The vital role of IoT is to collect and share the electronic information between the source and destination. In recent years, IoT has been widely applied in many areas to include such innovations as the development of smart cities and smart homes, continuous patient monitoring system, and environmental monitoring. IoT devices generate a massive volume of data (Big data) in a continuous manner. Big data refers to a massive collection of massive of data that cannot be processed by conventional data processing tools and technologies. The explosion of multimedia big data has created unprecedented opportunities and fundamental security challenges not only due to their high volume, but due to the fact that they are often unstructured and multi-modal. The massive transmission of connected devices in the IoT has generated enormous demand for robust security in response to the growing demand of billions of connected devices worldwide. The number of threats is rising daily, and attacks have been on the rise in both number and complexity. Therefore cyber security algorithms and architectures are required for IoT with data confidentiality, integrity, authenticity and authorization. Moreover, privacy protection must also be considered. Many IoT devices and critical infrastructures produce an enormous amount of personal and sensitive data which may be abused by unauthorized users and intruders.
The overall objective of this thematic series is to deliver a global platform for an extensive range of professionals including researchers, scholars, and industry professionals to deliberate and present the most recent privacy and cyber security issues, challenges and advancements in multimedia big data in smart systems with an aim to provide security awareness and its best practices for the everyday life.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
• Smart grid security
• Security and privacy in cloud
• Urban transportation system security
• Access control of big data in cloud
• Privacy aware data fusion of big data in cloud
• Cryptographic protocols against attacks in cloud
• Big data forensics in cloud
• Security protocols in IoT
• Privacy protocols in IoT
• Cryptography and big data analytics
• Multimedia big data in cloud
• Security and privacy of big data in IoT
• Intrusion detection systems in IoT
• Storage and system security for big ata in cloud
• Wireless sensor network security and privacy
• Security and privacy of multimedia information in cloud
Before submitting your manuscript, please ensure you have carefully read the submission guidelines for Journal of Cloud Computing. The complete manuscript should be submitted through the Journal of Cloud Computing submission system. To ensure that you submit to the correct thematic series please select the appropriate special issue in the drop-down menu upon submission. All submissions will undergo rigorous peer review and accepted articles will be published within the journal as a collection.
Deadline for submissions: 28 May 2018
Lead Guest Editor
Gunasekaran Manogaran, VIT University, India
Naveen Chilamkurti, LaTrobe University, Australia
Ching-Hsien Hsu, Chung Hua University, Taiwan
Submissions will also benefit from the usual advantages of open access publication:
- Rapid publication: Online submission, electronic peer review and production make the process of publishing your article simple and efficient
- High visibility and international readership in your field: Open access publication ensures high visibility and maximum exposure for your work - anyone with online access can read your article
- No space constraints: Publishing online means unlimited space for figures, extensive data and video footage
- Authors retain copyright, licensing the article under a Creative Commons license: articles can be freely redistributed and reused as long as the article is correctly attributed.
2016 Journal Metrics
- ISSN: 2192-113X