Journal of Cloud Computing welcomes submissions to the thematic series 'Utility, big data and cloud computing: Applications and technologies'
As evidenced by highly rated and discussed papers presented at recent conferences on big data, utility and cloud computing, in particular the UCC and BDCAT conference series, there are still many unsolved challenges in large-scale and elastic data processing. The journal welcomes extended versions of papers presented at these events to elaborate on possible solutions. Papers submitted to this thematic series should present a significant extension of presented works. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Scalable big data frameworks, platforms and visualisation solutions
- Application domains of data science and and analytics in the cloud
- Clouds for big data and high performance computing
- Cloud foundations for connected devices and real-time analytics
- Cloud, utility, edge and serverless computing paradigms
- Virtualisation, containerisation and acceleration technologies
- Cloud-native applications and self-management in clouds
- Multi-cloud management, aggregation and resource sharing
- Business, legal, economic and operational aspects of cloud applications
- Modelling and simulation of large-scale cloud deployments
- Algorithms for energy-efficient, fast and secure computing in clouds
- Software engineering for cloud-native applications and systems
Before submitting your manuscript, please ensure you have carefully read the submission guidelines for Journal of Cloud Computing. The complete manuscript should be submitted through the Journal of Cloud Computing submission system. To ensure that you submit to the correct thematic series please select the appropriate special issue in the drop-down menu upon submission. All submissions will undergo rigorous peer review and accepted articles will be published within the journal as a collection.
Doz. Dr. habil. Josef Spillner, Zurich University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland
Submissions will also benefit from the usual advantages of open access publication:
- Rapid publication: Online submission, electronic peer review and production make the process of publishing your article simple and efficient
- High visibility and international readership in your field: Open access publication ensures high visibility and maximum exposure for your work - anyone with online access can read your article
- No space constraints: Publishing online means unlimited space for figures, extensive data and video footage
- Authors retain copyright, licensing the article under a Creative Commons license: articles can be freely redistributed and reused as long as the article is correctly attributed.